- 183932 - Structural/Mechanical instructor
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Structural/Mechanical Instructor for an opening in Jacksonville,FL.
Structural/mechanical instructor to deliver classes for various platforms at Cecil Field (near Jacksonville, FL). Instruction is focused on aerospace manufacturing and maintenance. Ability to conduct and perform training or solutions using the appropriate medium and method (classroom, computer-based training [CBT], distance learning, simulations, on-the-job [OJT], coaching, job-aids) to satisfy business needs and requirements. Assesses and tests the competence of employees in performing tasks requiring certification or qualification to comply with government and organizational standards and specifications. Expert in navigating technical documents related to manufacturing / repair documents and/or blueprints (detail, assembly or installation drawings).
• Instructor-led training (ILT)
• Facilitation of Recertification Testing
• Recertification Delivery
• Provide Workplace Coaching support with production / aircraft maintenance
• Industrial Skills Guided Practice or Bench Activities
• Cross training other instructors
• Prepare training areas to be teach ready
• Ensure classrooms and other facilities are stocked with materials and supplies
• Clean training areas
• Verify students have required prerequisites prior to attending training (data comes from My Learning
• Coordinate with client to verify students have required applications and qualifications, examples include Redars, PSDS, vision test,
• Identification and Notification to LLOC of errors in course or testing materials
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of root cause analysis, corrective action, and training related audit activities as directed by MQS Managment
• Attend aircraft program meetings as directed by MQS Management
• New Employee Orientation (NEO) support/facilitation
• Shadowing/5S (Sorting, Simplifying, Sweeping, Standardizing, Self-Discipline) to improve operational efficiency
• Stock and maintain classroom supplies
• Site initiative support as needed
• Maintenance/file management of electronic and hard copy records
• Informal training / OJT/ ACLC / workplace coach or consulting
• Pre-class preparation obtaining courseware, exams, set-up
• Post class cleaning – restore training area to its original “teach ready” condition
A combination of 5 years of hands-on experience with satellite, space or aircraft manufacturing or maintenance (military/commercial).
- Expert in navigating client web based systems / applications PSDS, REDARS, SDS. client Specifications (BAC, HP, PS, DPI, DPS, SCGPS) D6 documents, and manufacturing build plans (shop paperwork).
- Strong communication (read, written & verbal English) and computing skills (Microsoft Office).
- Technical teaching or coaching experience is preferred.
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 4 years' related work experience). Formal education (military/A&P) in aircraft manufacturing or maintenance is preferred.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
travel to remote locations may be required from time to time but infrequent.
This work assignment has been designated as "safety-sensitive" by the Client. Contractors assigned to safety-sensitive jobs at the Client site must first complete regulatory pre-placement requirements prior to reporting to assignment. Additionally, contractors assigned to safety-sensitive work will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with federal mandates.
Travel and variable shift coverage required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.