- 184115 - Receiving Inspector
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $19 to $28.00 DOE
- 4 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Receiving Inspector for an opening in Torrance, CA.
• Work from the following documents to ascertain requirements and perform inspections with little to no instruction:
• blueprints, drawings, engineering documents, manufacturing and inspection planning documents
• Inspect, verify and prepare reports for mechanical piece parts, received goods, and data package compliance including certificates of conformance, raw material certifications, test results, etc.
• Inspect, verify and prepare reports for piece part dimensions and physical characteristics such as:
• Orientation, angularity, flatness, cleanliness, discoloration, and conformance to drawings, engineering instructions and other applicable specifications
• Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity.
• Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
Advanced inspection ability and CMM certification
You will need at least three years of experience carrying out quality inspections of mechanical components. Other qualifications that will enable you to do this job successfully include:
• Ability to use applicable precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, indicating gauges, precision meters, microscopes, optical comparators and automated measuring systems where utilization assures product conformance
• Ability to review and understand third party standards from ASME, ANSI, SAE, NAS, MIL, etc.
• Write detailed, clear, and concise nonconforming material reports on failed products
• Practical GD&T knowledge and experience needed
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are needed
• Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and familiar with working with databases
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.