- 184119 - Java Developer
- Lexington Park
- 11 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Java Developer for an opportunity in Lexington Park, MD.
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Requires a bachelor's degree a related area and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Prior experience developing Object-oriented (OO) code is required
- Expert knowledge of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Java Server Faces experience is required
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, Oracle and ORM technologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Experience using tools including Eclipse, Git, and TFS related utilities
- Experience using Hibernate and Maven
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Accredited Bachelors Degree
Preferred bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science or Math
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.