- 184162 - Flight Simulator Design Engineer 4
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Flight Simulator Design Engineer 4 for an openings in Berkeley, MO.
-22 Training Systems Test Pilot SME to accomplish system design, integration, and test for the F-22 Mission Training Center (F-22 MTC). Responsibilities include:
- The successful candidate will work independently and will assist other members of the Test Team in the performance of day-to-day operations in a fast-paced testing environment.
- Team members create and execute Test Procedures to ensure the trainers correctly simulates aircraft performance and the operational environment.
- Team members will help develop system requirements, and perform all aspects of system testing on several types of pilot training systems.
- Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules
- This is a mid-level to senior grade position
Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements. Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes and tasks. Manages customer and supplier relationships. Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service and regulatory concerns. Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment. Resolves specialized customer issues in the field. Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to customer. Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards. Leads and reviews client processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery and support. Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines. Works under minimal direction.
- Experience in an aircraft test environment
- Experience flying F-22 and/or other fighter aircraft
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.25% international travel to Okinawa Japan and UK. Travel duration will be less that 29 days.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.