- 184243 - CAD Designer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a CAD Designer for an opening in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
This CAD Designer will be supporting ALRE (Advanced Launch and Recovery Equipment):
Develop design solutions for assigned structural products and components with minimum supervision.
Interact with engineering staff on design concepts and progress.
Develop layouts, sketches, and may investigate design factors such as damage tolerance, durability, and structural modeling.
Develop details related to structural assemblies, mechanisms, devices, cable harnesses and assemblies.
Produce manufacturing drawings.
Presents to engineering staff and customers as required.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• CREO Parametric experience (required).
• WindChill experience (required).
• SAP experience (preferred).
• Must have a complete understanding of engineering design concepts and principles and possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, applying them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
• Must have a complete understanding of ASME Y14.5 2009 and possess a working knowledge in the use of GD&T
• Must be very familiar with the Global Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) and ASME Y14.100.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and provide solutions to a range of complex problems. Must have good communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and excellent computer skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. Must have the ability to perform complex engineering design tasks while providing direction to less experienced design staff.
• Able to work extended hours as required
Accredited associate's degree, technical/trade school training or equivalent and nine or more years of progressive experience using 3D CAD solid modeling. Additional work experience may be substituted lieu of education.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.