- 184249 - Design and Analysis Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 10 Design and Analysis Engineer 3's for openings in Berkeley, MO.
Seeking Electrical Engineers with experience in Electronic Systems Design and Analysis for current and emerging programs. EEs develop electronic and electrical system requirements using analytical and technical skills, translate requirements into system architectures and modify hardware and software designs for client aircraft, unmanned vehicles and much more. We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities. These include the following:
• MQ-25 - the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
• T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
• F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
• JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
• Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
• Understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
• Lead the development and documentation of electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer contractual requirements.
• Analyze, translate and implement requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications, showing traceability throughout the product lifecycle
• Develop statement-of-work and technical performance specifications
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
• Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
• Resolve product integration issues and production anomalies
• Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering is highly desired
• Ability to conceive, develop, optimize, maintain and modify electronic/electrical system designs based on requirements is desired
• Ability to provide technical coordination with internal and external suppliers and customers is a plus
• Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Model-based Engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]) is preferred
• Experience working with DOORS, Cameo, and Rhapsody is a plus
• Experience working in Agile software development framework
• Knowledge of data system design and architectures is desired
• Knowledge of system security design principles and industry and government guidance and regulations which engineers apply to produce secure systems is desired
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.