- 184253 - Software Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 20 Software Engineer 3's for openings in Berkeley, MO.
We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities. These include the following:
• MQ-25 - the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
• T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
• F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
• JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
• Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
Key responsibilities could include:
• Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques.
• Real-time embedded software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis. C++ and Python experience preferred. C, C#, MatLab, Ada, or Linux experience helpful.
• Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system.
• Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements
• Implementing and testing of software using a variety of technologies and software languages
• 5+ years of experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, MatLab, or Linux
• 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development
• Experience working in Agile software development framework
• Familiar working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.