- 184304 - Buyer
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
Maintain strategic alliances and partnerships that have already have been established by the Purchasing organization. Will be responsible to manage small to medium subcontracts. Perform negotiations, price analysis and order justifications. Conduct conference calls and develop good lines of communications to make sure all purchase orders are acknowledged. Understand the Client “Terms and Conditions” especially the “Specification and Requirements” portion and flow down to the supply base. Streamline the order fulfillment process to ensure suppliers quality and delivery meet performance metrics. Immediately escalate any issues to a senior buyer or management so a proper course of action can be implemented. Make sure all procurements meet and are in compliance with corporate and Client policies and procedures including signature authority. Ensure that the supplier is competent to perform service or manufacture product by assisting in performing a capabilities and risk assessment.
1. Responsible to procure and manage the assigned commodities of production for assigned suppliers. This includes purchase order issuance and maintenance, administration of engineering changes, costing and cost project administration and purchased material cost analysis.
2. Create PO package with all required documentation; i.e., Price Analysis, Justification Worksheet, PPV, Excess, etc.
3. Performs supplier negotiations and is a part of the supplier selection process.
4. Performs Marketing requests including running Price Models to determine material costs for a project.
5. Cost reduction identification and implementation, as well as overall material cost control.
6. Control and manage the inventory integrity of purchased items in the MRP data base associated with the commodities.
7. Manage supplier relationships of those commodities assigned, and assist in the development and implementation of supplier base strategies.
8. Resolving supplier base problem, including negotiations on IR's, invoicing, receipt discrepancy, terms and conditions, and service levels to ensure internal and external customer requirements are supported.
9. Provide guidance to the company on key events in the selected commodities that may effect the business plans of the company.
10. Seek out new suppliers, and new processes and keep the company abreast of these developments.
11. Maintain documentation control in compliance with FAR regulations and company procedures and policies.
12. Manage selected projects as assigned.
13. Representations on cross-functional teams as assigned by management to represent the materials department in various projects to assure the proper management of the commodity through change.
14. Other duties as required
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business/technical degrees or equivalent.
2. APICS/CPM certification preferred.
3. 3 or more years of experience in purchasing selected commodities in an MRP (ERP) driven manufacturing environment.
4. Experience in government / FAR buying environment is also preferred.
5. Experience with ERP/MRP Computer Business systems
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: (MACHINERY, COMPUTERS/SOFTWARE, OFFICE EQUIPMENT)
1. Business experience. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, Excel and Word
2. Understanding and working knowledge of engineering documentation, Product Configuration
3. Contract experience, including knowledge of terms and conditions, and other agreement related experience.
4. Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to utilize MRP and ERP systems in execution of responsibilities.
6. Commodity buying and market place knowledge and experience in the commodities assigned.
7. Proven negotiation experience.
8. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
9. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data to support business decisions
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Business/technical degrees or equivalent.
Mon-Fri, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.