- 184319 - EH&S Specialist
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an EH&S Specialist for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
This position will assist in the establishment and continuous improvement of policies and procedures to promote and maintain safe and healthy conditions for employees, contractors, and visitors.
1. Development, delivery, and recordkeeping of training programs.
2. Development and incorporation of safety process into operations.
3. Participation in facility safety inspection and corrective action program.
4. Maintenance of facility chemical inventory and Safety Data Sheets.
5. Distribution and maintenance of facility safety equipment.
6. Incident investigation and root cause analyses of near misses and injuries. Recommend appropriate corrective actions.
7. Maintenance of facility environmental programs. Air, Stormwater, Residual Waste, Hazardous Waste.
8. Conduct various risk assessment surveys.
9. Communicate with vendors to identify and acquire supplies and equipment.
10. Interact and engage facility staff to foster a positive safety culture.
• General working knowledge of OSHA General Industry Standards, EPA Standards, and other City, State and Federal Codes and Regulations such as the National Electrical Code, etc. Some familiarity with NFPA Electrical Safety and Life Safety Code.
• Previous work or Internship experience.
• Ability to systematically analyze hazards and recommend corrective actions.
• High level of organizational skill.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and external sources.
• Strong computer skills with programs associated with word processing, presentation, spreadsheets, project management and database management.
• Previous work or Internship experience in a Union environment.
• NFPA 70E Arc Flash Experience
• ASP or GSP designation
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, or related discipline.
Mon-Fri, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.