- 184397 - LAN and WAN Network Engineer
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a LAN and WAN Network Engineer for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Seeking an experienced LAN and WAN Network Engineer. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment supporting a global enterprise network with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
Responsibilities will also include responding to users requests for new phones, changes or repairs to existing phones and corresponding voice mail boxes. Dispatching technicians for MACs or repairs. Monitoring work order queue for open tickets, updating tickets, reassigning tickets and ticket closures all within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes. Will be expected to communicate and deal effectively with customers and fully understand their requests, requirements or problems. Will require collaboration skills for interacting with other Network Telecom Admins and Network Engineers daily.
• Familiar with cabling standards such as Cat-6, Twin axial, and fiber.
• Familiar with the IP/TCP protocol suite including packets and frame headers.
• Understands and can employ layer-2 protocols to include but not limited to: spanning-tree, VLAN tagging, link-aggregation, address resolution protocol, and CDP/LLDP.
• Understands and can employ layer-3 and gateway protocols such as HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
• Familiar with network policy constructs such as quality of service, route maps, access control lists, and prefix lists.
• Know network management tools and protocols including simple network management protocol (SNMP), logging/syslog, IP accounting, authentication/authorization/accounting (AAA), IP-flow, and NTP.
• Able to interpret Wireshark files.
• Able to analyze problems, perform troubleshooting, and respond to incidents in accordance with service level agreements (SLA)
• Supports deployments and operations of network related items such as switches, routers, load-balancer, WAN optimizations appliances, wireless access points, wireless controllers, DNS nodes, and application gateways.
• Monitor the performance and capacity of networks and create utilization reports for decision making when needed.
• Able to develop and maintain technical documentation such as topology diagrams, fault-trees, technical memos, and operational memos.
• Evaluate products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
• Work with project managers and lead engineers to ensure project schedules are being met.
• Coordinate vendor support activities such TAC and RMA.
• Team oriented but must be able to work independently.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including on-call support.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
• ITIL Foundations v3 certification
• Two of the following four certifications: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP
• Proficient in the OSI reference model and TCP/IP
• Process-oriented and able to work as a team
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, and Excel
• Some Linux knowledge
• Some Automation knowledge (Python, TCL, Shell)
• Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
• Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
• Knowledgeable in one or more: Aruba/Cisco LAN/WLAN, F5 load balancers, Infoblox DNS, Aruba/Cisco wireless, Pal Alto/ Juniper firewall, supporting data center virtualization
• Familiarity with SDWAN design, implementation and/or support
• Experience supporting networks in government and defense industry
• Knowledge of data center networking utilizing the Nexus product line
• Knowledge of networking with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, cloud providers, etc)
• Knowledge of the Nexus series and Catalyst 68xx
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
9/80, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.