- 185185 - Wire Harness Assembler
- Broken Arrow
- $18 to $20.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Wire Harness Assembler for an opening in Broken Arrow, OK.
Our customer is a leading supplier of integrated electromechanical assemblies to commercial and military prime contractors. The company designs equipment to meet client specifications and manufactures high-precision components to produce high-quality assemblies. Products include special purpose instruments, maritime vessel control panels, power supply and distribution assemblies, and surface vehicle and power generating plant control assemblies.
• Perform a variety of tasks in production wiring / harness assembly.
• Product material knowledge to include wires (stranded, solid, shielded), shrink wrap, power cabling, wire ties, connectors, switches, pots, terminals, panels and electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Possess ability to understand schematics, wire lists, wire diagrams and assembly drawings.
• Performs wire prep (cutting and labeling); harness assembly on layout boards; and integration of harnesses onto panels, assemblies and cabinets; and wire trouble-shooting.
• Knowledge required in electrical termination and repair.
• Occasionally must conduct manufacturing inspections in accordance with quality specifications.
• May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Will have interface with Quality Inspection and Engineering.
• Occasionally may be called upon to travel in support of field installations and upgrades.
• Past certification or knowledge of IPC-620 and IPC-610 is preferred.
• Must have strong wiring aptitude.
• Maritime, aviation or telecom experience helpful.
• Must possess a meticulous attention for detail – taking a customer’s point of view.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to work overtime.
• Knowledge in or willingness to commitment to learn Lean concepts and practices.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.