- 185377 - Director, Product Engineering
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Product Director for an opening in Forest, OH.
The position will be overseeing the Design, Manufacturing and Sustaining divisions.
With minimum direction coordinates, leads and performs required activities for the operation and success of the Company engineering and product integrity system efforts. Establishes vision and direction; establishes and ensures the effectiveness of engineering, reviews and budgets manpower, facilities, and equipment needed to support engineering mission. Plans, schedules, and coordinates efforts of the engineering staff or acts as an individual researcher or functional expert on projects with significant customer and business impact. Ensures timely and efficient completion of engineering project phases, or major projects to achieve identified engineering and product integrity business plan objectives.
1. Working with other Company Directors, and the President, establishes an Engineering mission and vision that supports Company goals.
2. In coordination with Company personnel, ensures that engineering accomplish Company mission and vision.
3. Reviews and forecasts budget for manpower, facilities and equipment needed to support the Engineering mission.
4. Working in coordination with other Company Directors, and the President, generates, evaluates and capture new business opportunities.
5. Interfaces with customer as required.
6. Trains and develops team members and evaluate work performance. Recommends personnel actions and apply performance management / leadership techniques to assure positive employee relations. Explains and supports Company policies and procedures.
7. Determines project schedules by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
8. Controls project plan by reviewing design specifications, and plan or schedule changes, and recommending actions to achieve quality and customer service objectives. Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
9. Applies and leads continuous improvement and quality focused initiatives for critical areas of Product Engineering. Develops and recommends new techniques, technology, systems and procedures based upon new developments.
10. Interprets regulations, contracts, and Company policy on areas applying to engineering.
11. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, reviewing publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
12. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects. Interfaces with all agencies and customers as necessary to complete projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
-Take design from RFQ to completion
-Entire product lifecycle
-CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
-Mentor a young group of engineers
Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of increasingly responsible related experience as an engineer in the aerospace industry. Three years engineering management experience and demonstrated leadership capability is required.
Comprehensive knowledge of state-of-the-art engineering techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations. Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical policies and recommend changes to procedures.
Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas to own areas of expertise. Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to effectively assess and implement, quality and continuous improvement methods
Ability to work effectively with engineering design software, use standard business software and graphics applications. Ability to work on complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors and solve a wide range of difficult problems in creative and effective ways and coordinate across multiple teams.
Ability to effectively negotiate, communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Strong thermal management fluid systems and component background required.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
Accredited Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering or related engineering field.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.