- 185448 - Production Control Support
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Control Support for an opportunity in Manassas, VA.
Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for repaired products to support production control.
Follows standard process and safety procedures to perform a variety of reclamation functions that may include counting, verifying and documenting defective material received.
Maintain property management of all production hardware and manage backlog and schedules to meet tight demands.
Works closely with internal customers to ensure defective hardware are prioritized and processed according to customer requirements.
Attention to detail ensuring the proper paperwork is available and complete.
Request return management authorization (RMA), create purchase requisition, coordinate timely purchase order placement and prep, pack and ship asset.
Track status of defective asset at vendor.
Demonstrate efforts that identify and prevent supplier disruptions and escapes to the factory.
Use knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert stakeholders of potential risks and opportunities and develop appropriate workaround plan.
Status aged work in progress (WIP) per Material Management Acquisition System (MMAS) requirements.
Expedite repaired assets from dock to stock for open backorders and communicate status to internal customers.
Carefully handles a variety of materials including ESD-sensitive hardware.
May operates various material-handling equipment, ESD workstations, electronic scales, bag sealers, pallet jacks, and carts, along with skids, pallets and tote pans to complete work tasks.
Uses a variety of packaging and handling methods to protect the materials from damage.
May perform packing and crating duties, prepare/print shipping labels--ship parts as directed.
Responsible for receiving shipments, reviewing documentation for accuracy, verifying stocks for shortages and defective products, maintaining merchandise records, counting stock items, and adjusting errors.
Specific tasks include:
• Apply planning, scheduling, and inventory management techniques to minimize RMA backlog.
• Daily review of RMA product backlog, status and inventory including summary report creation and distribution.
• Maintain relationships through RMA process, providing status and expectation setting. This includes directly notifying internal customers of service level misses and providing accurately revised estimated ship dates.
• Work directly with production team to set RMA workload priorities. This includes weighing multiple variables to attain the best possible prioritization balance.
• Manage field returns by disposition assignment from material review board process.
• Expediting material issues for RMA repairs and upgrades.
• Review and analyze field return data to support process and product improvements.
• Maintain all current RMA processes, with constant attention to measurable and continuous improvement.
• Track status of defective asset at vendor.
• Stock incoming defect orders and communicating status.
• Ability to effectively interface directly with other organizations
Hiring Manager is looking for a candidate to have knowledge/experience working a return to vendor process for defective product.
Ability to Follow-up
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to Work Independently
Ability to Work with Others
Oral and Written Communication Skills
Bill Of Materials (BOM)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Full-Time, 9/80A-1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.