- 185545 - Mechanical Engineer
- 5 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in Marion, MA.
he candidate is expected to apply mechanical engineering principles to solve various design, analysis, test, and manufacturing challenges. The activity will include but not be limited to new equipment design, technical production support (MRB, DFMEA, FRB), research, analysis, hands-on build, test, and troubleshooting of equipment. The position will require the individual to contribute to the overall Engineering and Technology (E&T) organization efforts in capacities including peer reviews, design reviews, DFX meetings and group discussions evaluating technical aspects of various product designs. The candidate will need to work independently to complete designs, with oversight and mentorship from senior mechanical engineering staff.
- Design and analyze components and electro-mechanical assemblies using machined parts, sheet metal, plastics, elastomers, composites, weldments, CCA materials, cable harnesses, etc.
- Create and maintain mechanical solid models and drawings using Creo.
- Manage bills of material (BOM) within LM’s Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) system.
- Support performance of design verification efforts.
- Support troubleshooting of hardware and documentation of findings through internal and customer processes.
- Contribute to cost/benefit trade-off analysis and feasibility studies.
- Develop and implement new fixtures and equipment.
- Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approaches.
- Support product lifecycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
- Review hardware parts for obsolescence and identify suitable replacements.
- Mechanical related failure analysis of hardware.
Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Test Equiment Design
Oral and Written Communication Skills
Problem Solving Capability
Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Knowledge in CAD/CAE tools - Intermediate
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Knowledge in CAD/CAE tools
Accredited BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent is required.
Full-Time, 9/80A-1st Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.