- 185852 - Systems Engineer
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opening in Marion, MA.
This role would support ongoing work within the MK48 Heavyweight Torpedo program.
The candidate needs to be a very strong technical leader and have significant experience with contributing to, executing, and managing the systems engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, development and derivation, design oversight to ensure compliance to requirements, integration and qualification testing (IV&V), followed by introduction of final products into production and production support.
The successful candidate will be proficient in communicating upward to program leads and senior managers, but also downward, to the individual contributors on the team being led.
The candidate must be highly engaged with program leaders, the engineering teams/IPTs, customers, and other services impacting development and test such as drafting, sourcing, safety, manufacturing, etc.
Additionally, the person must have great foresight concerning future tasks, so as to keep the team focused and functioning in the most effective manner.
- Entry, management and oversight of Customer, Systems/Subsystems, Element level requirements baselines within DOORS
- Conducting formal Trade Studies in support of programmatic & system architecture/design decisions
- Oversight and management of specialty engineering (IA, Cyber, ILS, RMA, Safety, etc.)
- Preparation and Presentation of materials supporting System Engineering Technical Reviews (SRR/SFR/SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR/FCA/PCA)
- Generation and use of technical engineering metrics associated with System Engineering lifecycle
- Production support leading or contributing to FRBs/MRBs
Accredited BS Degree is Required
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.