- 185888 - Sr Cloud Software Engineer
- $50 to $60.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Cloud Software Engineer for an opening in Rockwall, TX.
Accelerate the transition of legacy software into the cloud, using state of the art deploy architectures. We’re actively employing DevOps concepts across the board and leveraging tools including Jenkins, Docker, Jira and BitBucket for seamless transition to the cloud. Because we have a rich big-data and analytics component to what we do, Machine Learning and Parallel Processing plays an increasingly important role in our overall software development evolution.
We’re seeking those who are not only brilliant problem solvers, but who are also motivated by mentoring intermediate developers and bringing some new ideas to consider. Being a senior developer here means that you get bring all your experience to the table to solve some hard problems. It means you get to work closely with the customer and end users to demo each sprint to drive the correct solutions to the problems they are facing. You will help establish requirements, generate designs, implement systems, and own and improve these systems after deployment.
We specialize in system-of-systems network integration, data reduction/mining/information superiority, modeling, simulation, systems integration and antenna/beamforming solutions. We are defining and developing networking concepts that greatly enhance the utility of our nation's airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance platforms.
· Our ISR Networking, Big Data Analytics and PED (Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination) Solutions business develops advanced wireless Network-Centric Warfare concepts to enhance the use of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) assets by creating networked multi-intelligence, multi-domain and multi-security collaborative systems.
· Our Operational Intelligence Solutions business provides the right decision-critical information to support near real-time and forensic decision-making through multi-source data prioritization, visualization and dissemination.
· Our Advanced Apertures and Antenna Solutions business provides load-bearing conformal antenna design, as well as micro and miniature reconfigurable beamformers with true time delay for covert or aerodynamic requirements.
· Must have 3+ years of programming skills in object-oriented or functional programming languages
· Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· High degrees of proficiency in either C, C++, Java or C? on Linux.
· Strong fundamentals in the concepts of DevOps, Analytics, Machine Learning or Parallel Processing/GPU
· Advanced skills in object-oriented design and development
· Experience with message passing and basic networking protocols
· Experience in building large scale distributed systems and application containers
· Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
· Experience providing application hosting with AWS and other cloud technologies
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and seven (7) years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.