- 186009 - Cell Biologist
- NY-New York
- Grand Island
- Up to $23.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cell Biologist for an opening in Grand Island, NY.
Scientist I, Cell Biology that will design experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries.
• Designs experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors
• Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Investigates new methods and technologies and maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Client required standards
• Maintains knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature
• Interacts with other internal departments (i.e., Business Development, Quality, Operations, Technical Services, and/or Marketing) in the commercialization of new products
• Performs duties independently with guidance from manager
• Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
• Familiar with methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture
• Basic understanding of statistical analysis
• Demonstrated competence in data analysis
• Frequent technical interaction with colleagues and members of other departments
• Working knowledge of scientific principles and proven proficiency in statistical design of experiments (DOE)
• Experience in research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
• Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
• Previous cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0)
• Previous experience with cell types used in cell therapy applications (e.g. T cells, MSC, ESC) or cell lines used in the production of viral vaccines (e.g. Vero, MRC-5, BHK)
• Familiarity with the operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors and related process development laboratory equipment as well as the scale-up of bioreactor and mixing systems
• Experience with high-throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and manage multiple project tasks
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.