- 186012 - Assembler
- Salt Lake City
- $13 to $18.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly and automated test operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
• Works from test procedures, diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools
• Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed
• May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications
• May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
• Adherence to Client policies and procedures including ESD, FOD, and housekeeping and other duties as assigned by the area supervisor or manager
• Comfortable using PC based applications
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Effective communication skills
• Read and interpret diagrams, tables, schematics, test procedures and engineering instructions
Frequently required to use hand movements, repetitive motions, grasping, holding, hand-eye coordination, color distinction, visual inspection, and measuring/assembling at distances close to the eye. Periodically exposed to potentially hazardous conditions including extreme noise levels, lasers, electricity, radiation, machinery and equipment, chemicals, and toxic metals. Occasionally may lift up to 30 pounds. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
3:30 pm to either 2 am, 1 am or Midnight based on a 4/10, 9/80 or 5/40 schedule
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x289 or (800) 927-9318 x289
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.