- 186070 - Senior Software Quality Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $40 to $45.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
The Senior Software Quality Engineer reporting directly to the Manager Quality Administration is responsible for implementing and maintaining quality standards, methods, instructions, and planning on assigned programs with minimal supervision and direction. Represents the Quality department in software MRB activities, performs software quality audits, software failure analysis, coordinates with project engineering and implements corrective actions. Performs other software quality functions as required.
1. Reviews customer and/or contract software requirements.
2. Communicates software quality requirements with cognizant departments.
3. Reviews and approve software documents and drawings.
4. Participates in the review of software product discrepancies, MRB investigations, and coordinate with software engineering to solve problems.
5. Performs internal and process software audits.
6. Participates in software development reviews and verifications.
7. Write/Revise Software Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
8. Performs software audits at sub-contractors, when required.
9. Reviews customer complaints to submitted documents and follow-up to ensure resolutions and conclusions.
10. Indentify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
11. Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing.
12. Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts.
13. Reviews computer logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements.
14. Trains and support users.
15. Cross-trains Software Quality Technicians and/or Software Quality Engineers.
16. Performs other duties, as assigned by Management (e.g., TIPQA module Implementation & training, assist in Shipping Inspection, Corrective Action, and Internal and Customer Audits).
1. The Senior Software Quality Engineer should have a minimum 4 years experience with a general knowledge of government contracts software requirements.
2. Should have a minimum 3 years experience in ISO or Mil-Spec Environment.
3. Must be logical and have the ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
4. Must have sound knowledge of software development principles.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accredited Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in related field from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training required.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.