- 186131 - Material Expeditor
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Expeditor for an opening in Marion, MA.
Expedites, routes, and dispatches material and parts in accordance with production schedules and commitments.
Reviews master production schedule to determine possible and actual shortages and alerts proper authorities of potential problems.
Generates progress reports on schedule status and keeps records of completed orders.
Takes appropriate action to expedite materials such as order damaged material repaired or in-house material transportation.
Reports on completion dates, material changes or substitutions, shortages, and schedule modifications.
Provide floor support to all assembly personnel to create an environment of Just-In-Time lean manufacturing.
• Utilize SAP and other computer systems to manage material, work orders, Work-In-Process and completed assemblies.
• Maintain accurate production status by updating production status reports for assigned programs and communicating issues affecting schedule and production to supervisor, product manager, engineering and other members of the Integrated Product Team.
• Ensure and sustain accuracy of Work-In-Process and factory and floor stock inventory.
• Implement Kanbans, Just-In-Time inventory, pull-lines or other unique systems associated with material management to enhance manufacturing flow. Utilize and implement Lean principles to ensure effective material and product flow.
One year of experience with manufacturing flow.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
• Team player, experienced in a low-volume/high-mix manufacturing environment.
• Utilizes effective communication and organizational skills
• Able to multitask and proactively resolve issues to meet goals.
• Possesses leadership skills and thinks outside the box to implement creative ideas/solutions to enhance manufacturing flow. Embraces change; effectively anticipates and reacts to change in a fast-paced environment.
Familiar with SAP and Solumina
Understanding of box build, cable, or CCA Manufacturing
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.