- 186149 - Electrical Engineer
- Fort Worth
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opening in Fort Worth, TX.
In this position the engineer will design and develop complex electronic hardware systems for aircraft. A major focus of this mission critical engineering role will involve developing aircraft electronic systems. The engineer will be responsible for Circuit design, Field Programable Gate Array (FPGA) programing, and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) designs working on a cross functional team. Working on a cross functional team the engineer will be working with mechanical and software design teams to develop a complete qualified flight tested aircraft solutions.
The engineer will have an opportunity have an impact on the following areas: Requirements analysis/derivation, concept development, hardware architecture, component selection, schematic capture, reliability analysis (derating, thermal, signal integrity, power integrity, stability, overstress), design verification, system integration, and qualification.
16 yrs + education
- Experience with circuit design concepts
- Experience in circuit analysis, troubleshooting, test instrumentation, and data analysis tools
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) board design and Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design
- Experience with VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog languages to support FPGA firmware programing
- The technical ability to effectively define and interpret system level requirements and derive the requirements necessary to interface between lab and hardware
- The ability to work well in a teaming environment with other disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
- Experienced using Xilinx and/or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experienced with design and simulation tools (Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero, Mentor QuestaSim)
- Experience with Perl, Visual Basic, and C/C++,
- DO 178C/254 verification
- High Speed and RF design
- Cadence schematic capture, PCB layout Allegro
Accredited BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field or equivalent experience/combined education
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.