- 186421 - Web Software Developer
- $31.12 to $51.87 DOE
- 1 year
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Web Software Developer in McLean, VA,
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an individual with experience developing web applications to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will be working with Northrop Grumman's MedDRA MSSO (Maintenance and Support Services Organization), which is a 20-year program that maintains a medical terminology used globally by health authorities and the biopharmaceutical industry.
MedDRA (Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities) is a medical terminology used to classify adverse event information associated with the use of biopharmaceuticals and other medical products (e.g., medical devices and vaccines). The MSSO serves as the repository, maintainer, and distributor of MedDRA as well as the source for the most up-to-date information regarding MedDRA. The MSSO is seeking an experienced web developer to maintain existing software and develop a new web based applications as requested to support the MedDRA project. These tools include workflow systems, subscription and customer support Help Desk systems, APIs and external user tools.
This position requires working independently in of all phases of software development – front end, back end and middleware as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Learn and understand the MSSO business process and workflows as they relate existing applications
• Maintain existing applications including bug fixes, updates, configuration changes, additional module functions and other related adjustments
• Work with other developers to improve existing applications
• Coordinate software and application design with the IT manager to ensure harmonization of technologies and platforms
• Develop new software tools as assigned
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelors Degree and 5 years’ experience developing web based applications including knowledge of the following languages or a total 9 years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree. o Java o Java script o C#, ASP.NET, Visual Basic o CSS
• API development experience
• Knowledge of software development information security practices
• Experience developing web services
• Knowledge of XML
• 3 years of SQL Server experience or a similar relational database platform
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience with developing workflow and invoicing systems
• API Development
• NoSQL development experience
• Experience working in Microsoft Azure
School must be accredited.
8:00am to 5:00pm
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.