- 186540 - Research Associate
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Research Associate for an opening in Rockford, IL.
Perform laboratory experiments for the development and applications of reagents for protein preparation. As a technical resource, the Associate Research Scientist will work closely with supervisor and R&D staff to express, purify, and prepare proteins for structural analysis and functional applications.
• Laboratory experience preferably includes protein expression & purification, cell culture, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, protein assays, protein sample preparation (protein extraction, chromatography, dialysis, ultrafiltration, centrifugation, etc), and instrumentation (UV/Vis, plate reader, FPLC)
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to express thoughts and exchange information in a group setting
• Well organized, goal driven attitude
• A quick learner that can apply new knowledge immediately
• Ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute ideas in a team atmosphere
• Ability to work towards goals and results and meet deadlines
Accredited BA/BS/MS in Biochemistry or other Biological Science
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.