- 186581 - Senior Information Security Engineer - Cyber Protection
- Baton Rouge
- $49.8 to $62.24 DOE
- 24 months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer - Cyber Protection for an opportunity in Baton Rouge, LA.
Position is in the Strategy and Planning area and serves as an information security subject matter expert by providing guidance, recommendations, and consulting with various key stakeholders and operational service areas on matters related to information security. This position receives direction and priority from the Deputy Director of Information Security.
Conducts network or software vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques.
Perform vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems or networks.
Identifies intrusion or incident path and method.
Isolates, blocks or removes threat access.
Evaluates system security configurations.
Evaluates findings and performs root cause analysis.
Performs analysis of complex software systems to determine both functionality and intent of software systems.
Resolves highly complex malware and intrusion issues.
Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
May prepare and presents technical reports and briefings.
May perform documentation, and vetting of identified vulnerabilities for operational use.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution and 9 years of relevant expertise and experience as a Computer System Security Analyst and Cyber Protection OR a Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution and 7 years of relevant expertise and experience as a Computer System Security Analyst and Cyber Protection.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
- Manage McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator environments
- Manage / update McAfee host controls via McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator including (but not limited to):
- McAfee Endpoint Security / Threat Prevention
- McAfee Drive Encryption
- McAfee Agent
- Lead information security risk management services by conducting technical analysis, evaluation, mitigation, and solution design recommendations for projects and initiatives.
- Provide guidance and direction for information security activities including, but not limited to; enterprise application access controls, endpoint configuration, network monitoring, vulnerability management, system event monitoring, and user training.
- Lead technical design, implementation, documentation, and validation of security solutions created to safeguard critical and confidential resources, networks, computer systems, and data elements.
- Lead periodic reviews and assessments to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of the State's information and services are maintained.
Preferred Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- Managing McAfee Web Gateway proxy solutions
- Ability to read and understand network capture outputs (pcaps)
- Microsoft and Linux Computer and Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Group Policy
- Microsoft Windows Firewall
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related discipline
School must be accredited.
NOTE - PLEASE INCLUDE:
- How much time is needed before they can start?
- CTH Salary requirements
- Include current location on resumes
- The customer asks all resumes shall include resource name, include names of employers, dates of employment, technical experience, functional experience, education, training, and applicable certifications. The information shall include their role and responsibilities on each project cited, their level of effort, and duration of involvement.
- Customer references (name, title, company name, address, telephone number, and email address) should be provided for each project cited in the resume
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.