- 186654 - Application Programmer/Analyst III
- Kansas City
- $59.26 to $88.89 DOE
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Application Programmer/Analyst III for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
This position typically provides application expertise and support for a limited number of system applications/business functions. This position plays a key role in designing, encoding, testing and documenting the development and modification of applications. In addition, this position assumes a leadership role on medium-size projects.
• Interfaces with users to determine the use of and requirements/specifications for development and/or modification to assigned business system/system application.
• Leads the design, development (encoding) and implementation of applications and application modifications.
• Leads the testing and debugging of applications prior to implementation.
• Develops and maintain documentation of applications and system integration.
• Consistently uses courtesy while providing application support to end users. Asks questions to gather information about the problem and listens carefully. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions.
• Uses personal initiative and knowledge of application development to resolve a variety of moderately complex to highly complex applications problems. Uses good judgment, attention to detail, persistence, and resolves issue in a timely manner.
• Monitors applications to ensure maximum performance.
• Maintains and enhances applications to address newly discovered problems or new requirements.
• Runs backup and recovery procedures and processes as directed by organization and IT standards and policies.
• Follows policies and procedures to ensure corporate data security and change control.
• Freely shares information and technical guidance to application programmers who have less experience and expertise.
Oracle APEX Development Experience
• Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to application development.
• Expertise in a limited number of programming languages/application systems while becoming increasingly familiar with additional programming languages and/or application systems.
• Working knowledge of multiple application systems/business functions with expertise in selected systems/functions.
• Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes cooperative relationships with departments
• Guides small to medium project teams effectively, accurately and timely.
• Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
Looking for a motivated self-starter with the ability to take a project from start-to-finish from Business Requirements to Implementation with limited oversight. The ability to speak candidly with Business Partners regarding requirements and deliver an end product that surpassed Customer Expectations. Project will be centered around Application Analytics in support of the implementation of Client's CMDB & ServiceNow Discovery
Accredited Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of applications programming experience OR 6 years of applications programming experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.