- 186721 - Field Service Representative
- Andrews AFB
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Field Service Representative located in Andrews AFB, MD.
• Seeking a Field Service Representative to provide technical support and on-site company representation at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland for the C-32/C-40 aircraft
• Utilize multi-disciplined technical expertise and company knowledge to assist the customer.
• Sustain a high level of proficiency in the operation and maintenance of company product by investigating technical problems, determining causes, and developing/implementing corrective actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Understand customer expectations and assist the customer in interpreting and using support data and documents, and provide technical on-the-job training.
• Act as the on-site liaison between the company and customer personnel of widely varying backgrounds to gain resolution of significant technical and operational issues.
• Provides guidance, consultation, and training to customers related to a broad range of technical and operational issues. Conducts on site in-depth research of company and customer data to drive resolution of specific chronic issues.
• Conducts root-cause analysis on customer and company fleet data to identify/evaluate trends and opportunities to increase dispatch reliability. Validates or reviews effectiveness of existing solutions, and then develops corrective, proactive, and/or preventative action plans.
• Work unsupervised for extended periods of time in a wide variety of cultural/economic conditions.
• Interpret technical documents and monitors product performances. Develop and conduct ad hoc training on various maintenance topics.
• Analyze technical data and evaluate maintenance procedures.
• Requires the ability to work independently in a demanding, on-call, 24 hour per day / 365 days per year operational environment.
• Develops action plans for aircraft in unusually difficult AOG situations, whereby Service Engineering and/or executive leaders solicit FSR assistance. Tracks progress of troubleshooting plan and maintains company and customer situational awareness. Conducts follow-up with the customer to ensure solution provided was effective and lasting.
Must have an active FAA A&P License.
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
WORK HOURS:3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
• Must be willing to work any shift, weekends or on call as required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.