- 186917 - Engineer Electrical 2
- Newport News
- $32.59 to $39.68 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Electrical 2 for an opportunity in Newport News, VA.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters.
This position requires frequent interaction with government representatives, naval personnel, and various engineering and technical experts.
• Design, implement and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components, and systems on naval vessels. This includes switchgear, transformers, and power distribution from 15 KV down.
• Review and recommend designs and specifications in support of current and future projects.
• Ability to develop and maintain standards and specifications for electrical equipment.
• Ability to develop solutions to equipment performance issues as the cognizant engineer.
• Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
• Experience with design/operations of electrical transmission, distribution, or generation
• Experience with PLC programing
• Ability to read, analyze and design electrical schematics
• Ability to write technical documents clearly and accurately
• Experience writing white papers and industry publications
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
• Shipboard experience in operation and maintenance of Navy Systems
• Demonstrated the ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and balance multiple tasks
• Strong technical experience with coordinating electrical engineering and design activities.?
Bachelors in Science or Masters
School must be accredited.
5/40 workweek, First Shift 7:30 AM - 4:00
Travel will be required, less than 10%.
Driving will not be required.
This position has an opportunity for part time telework.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.