- 186961 - Senior Application Scientist
- CA-Bay Area
- San Jose
- 4 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Application Scientist for an opening in San Jose, CA.
The Senior Application Scientist will be responsible for application development to support strategic growth in the clinical research and toxicology sector in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. The position will require frequent interaction with various groups within the company, including Product Marketing, R&D, product support, commercial teams, demo labs, as well as our customers. This position will be reporting to the Manager, Vertical Marketing.
• Develop mass spectrometry based (LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS, etc) methods/workflow on small molecules, proteins and peptides for clinical research or toxicology applications.
• Design and execute experiments to support New Product Introduction
• Support collaborations with key opinion leaders from application perspective and leverage data/results from such collaborations for marketing collateral
• Publish technical/application notes, posters, peer-reviewed articles and various marketing collateral
• Train sales and/or customers on our workflow and deliver key product propositioning information
• Interact with the global commercial teams to support pre- and post- sales requirements
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on liquid chromatography or mass spectrometry experience and expertise in small and/or large molecules method and applications development
• Experience in Proteomics and/or metabolomics is preferred.
• Strong domain knowledge of the clinical research and toxicology analytical industries is preferred.
• High comfort level of interacting, discussing, and presenting to internal/external customers
Accredited MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.