- 187011 - Electro-Mechanical Assembler
- $17 to $23.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of mechanical and electrical tasks associated with the development, manufacture, or repair of products. Duties will include performing complex mechanical assembly on repair units (RMA’s) on a number of different products using hand tools and some light power tools. The size and complexity of the product varies greatly from a small table top unit to a large console.
Tracking the units in and updating the current status of these units requires solid understanding of MRP systems (Costpoint) and Excel. A large percentage of the time is spent in the system entering or researching material status of the parts required to complete the unit and creating the routing for the repair of the equipment or completion of new assemblies.
• Wiring and soldering experience is required.
• Must be able to work independently, interpret assembly drawings and follow verbal/written work instructions to produce a high quality unit within the allotted time frame.
• Must have good computer skills with Word and Excel to be able to open and modify documents.
• Some overtime may be required at peak times.
• May float & perform work assignments in other departments if necessary.
• Possessing the ability to work as part of a team and to have a positive attitude is essential.
• Position requires a complete understanding of the English language and the ability to lift 25 lbs.
• IPC 610 and J STD Certificated
• IPC620 cable and wire harness fabrication preferred
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 6:00 AM- 3:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.