- 187312 - Information Systems Project Mgr - NC
- NC-North Carolina
- Up to $51.19 DOE
- 6 months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information Systems Project Manager for an opportunity in Raleigh, NC.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Project Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. We are looking for a candidate who is process driven, innovative and proactive to become a member of the ITPMO office which provides Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, development organizations and clients with experienced Information Technology Project Managers to lead IT projects.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide information technology project and program management support for United States Postal Service. The PMO effectively leads, manages, and coordinates services required to deliver client projects and provides support.
• Creates Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) infrastructure estimates that clients can use to baseline their project financial projections
• Leads a team of experienced IT Service Providers and vendors to acquire, build, and install infrastructure..
• Manage large scale IT tech refreshes.
• Resolves all issues and action items
• Ensure that projects are completed on-time
• Delivery of project results that are within the defined budget
• Daily support of projects and programs, weekly status report
• Create detailed project plans, schedules, risk logs, issue logs, communication plans, change control processes, schedule and lead meetings, escalate issues, and others
• The deliverable shall meet the following acceptance criteria in addition to compliance with the technical approach outlined below:
o Microsoft Project Plans (MPP)
o Team building with Service Providers, Vendors, and Postal
o Manage team on a day-to-day basis
o Issues will be escalated immediately to management for resolution
o Keep project status up-to-date in PM tracking system
o Enter funding requests and follow through to completion
o Enter storage requests and follow through to completion
o Manage multiple projects on a daily basis
o Process reclaims and decommission promptly
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
• Experience with large infrastructure projects
• Experience with network/IT security in a government based secure environment
• Familiarity with agile and waterfall project methodologies
• Experience with enterprise wide implementations
• Experience holding people accountable in a matrix organizational environment
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• Experience managing program based projects, as well as a project portfolio of up to 40 projects
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area as this position does not allow telecommute or relocation assistance.
Bachelor's degree is required. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
School must be accredited.
5/40 workweek. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.