- 187579 - Sr Sourcing Specialist
- Kansas City
- $25 to $36.82 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Sourcing Specialist for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
The Senior Sourcing Specialist serves as the local day-to-day representative of Procurement for a primary business location (e.g., a major power plant), or for a designated function (e.g., a set of Delivery or Corporate customers) for emergent and near-term needs. This position is the liaison between Supply Chain and the localized business interests and/or other corporate stakeholders. The position builds strong business relationships with their designated customer group or business location by being the primary procurement contact ensuring innovative and cost-effective sourcing and contracting. Sourcing and contracting outcomes should provide the best match for the business need identified, minimize legal and business risk and provide a favorable benefit-cost relationship
• Serve as a local liaison for procurement ? Participate with business partners in planning discussions. Clarify sourcing requirements/ opportunities.
• Build customers’ understanding of enterprise requirements and SCM strategic direction
• Source and contract for moderately-complex products and services as part of a cross-functional team, in a manner consistent with category strategies (if applicable) that generates economic value and reduced risk:
• Develop RFPs consistent with needs of the business and with any longer-term strategies or plans
• Identify potential suppliers (including diverse suppliers), evaluating supplier qualifications and internal support for inclusion
• Keep stakeholders apprised of plans and status of sourcing events. Serve as exclusive supplier contact during RFPs, leading pre-bid meetings, responding to supplier questions, etc. as needed
• Lead cross-functional team in developing evaluation criteria
• Prepare evaluation of commercial proposals
• Analyze pricing proposals
• Develop and execute negotiation plan
• Recommend awards
• Develop contract documents to conform to Company policies and procedures, reflect negotiated agreement, reduce risk and assure required performance
• Review contracts with stakeholders to manage specific risks and assure agreement with proposed terms and conditions
• Serve as a resource for routine questions and issues relating to completed contracts; review requirements and options for resolution or refer to Category Manager as appropriate.
• Ability to lead sourcing and contracting events in a manner consistent with long-term strategies and plans, and in a manner that generates economic value and reduced risk
• Understanding of the role of sourcing in meeting company goals, and how Supply Chain creates value for the enterprise
• Knowledgeable of procurement contracting provisions and contracting processes and how to leverage optimal outcomes with reduced risk and long-term best value results
• Effective negotiator with ability to develop and lead negotiations that generate economic value and reduce business and legal risk
• Effective multi-tasker, prioritizing, addressing and advancing multiple projects and issues concurrently in a fast-paced environment, keeping relevant stakeholders informed
• Ability to effectively influence others including internal customers and suppliers
• Strong customer focus and advocate
• Strong oraland written communication skills
• Ability to assess and resolve routine issues, optimizing outcomes
• Commitment to collaborate with suppliers, business partners and cross-functional teams
• Ability to identify improvement opportunities and recommend action and/or lead change initiatives to achieve improved results
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or business operations. Experience in the energy, utilities, manufacturing or construction industry would be preferred
• Working knowledge of the operations, needs and preferences of a designated customer group (e.g., a single large power plant, a group of smaller power plants, or a set of Corporate or Delivery clients)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead multiple mid-level sourcing and contracting events (typically under $1M, moderately-complex, involving moderate visibility, risk, mission-criticality or other significance) concurrently in a matrix organization
• Ability to apply knowledge of procurement, risk management, negotiating and contracting principles and best practices including applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
• Good financial and analytical skills, oral and written communication, interpersonal and influence skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field is required. An advanced degree or certification would be preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.