- 187657 - Systems Automation Engineer
- $30 to $68.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Automation Engineer for an opening in Rockwall, TX.
You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end testing solution within a scalable, reactive architecture across multiple environments (development and integration test), initially on bare metal but eventually within a hybrid cloud. This will involve being creative and innovative in order to support multiple groups performing joint development with differing requirements. You will work with Software Engineers and System Engineers to make sure that the testing solution works in rapid, efficient and meaningful ways. The team you will work on will be fast moving, always interested in the best technical solution and always open to new ideas that make the product better for our customer.
• Systems Engineer with software background and orientation toward test automation.
• Collaborate with Software Engineers and Systems Engineers to determine test automation requirements and priorities.
• Develop and implement a strategy to automate testing, improve test coverage, and improve software quality.
• Participate in implementation of automated test tools and automated test infrastructure.
• Implement and execute tests using the automated tools and infrastructure.
• Participate in implementation of automated collection of test metrics and detailed reports of testing progress.
• Evaluate automated testing results and recommend improvement opportunities.
• Guide, coach and train teams in best automated testing practices.
• Create, maintain and control test plans, test cases, test scripts and test data for repeatable and reliable testing.
• Ensure traceability from requirements to test cases and test scripts.
• Effective oral and written communication, as well as excellent listening skills
• Ability to solve new problems creatively and collaboratively
• Ability to work independently and in a small team environment to achieve project goals
• Familiar with development, build and continuous integration environments (ex. Git, Jenkins)
• Familiar with container formats (ex. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Familiar with system configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Salt, Puppet)
• Exposure to scalable distributed systems
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline and seven (7) years applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.