- 187717 - ITS Project Manager
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- 6 Months CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an ITS Project Manager for an opening in San Diego, CA.
As part of GA’s Information Technology Services (ITS) Value Stream team, the individual will participate in supporting the Client business in the following value stream tracks:
Lead meetings and discussions on new project initiatives throughout all of the phases of typical ITS projects with some or little supervision:
Project Management duties
Facilitates process-oriented meetings.
Understands and identifies areas for process improvement through functional and technical solutions.
Distinguishes between a reasonable business requirements vs. a solution requirements.
Documents the process flow in a swim lane format.
Writes functional specifications for complex development objects (Forms, Reports, Interfaces, Conversion, Enhancements, and Workflow)
Configures various vendor solutions both on premise and cloud applications.
Engages customers for user acceptance testing.
Identifies, tracks, and resolves issues from all phases of the project.
Communicates project statuses both positive and negative in a concise and meaningful manner.
Works closely with technical developers, vendors, DBA, application administrators, infrastructure teams, security, and other functional analysts for cross-functional delivery of complex solutions.
Follows established change control procedures for migration to QA and Production.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of Software lifecycle principles.
• Must demonstrate strong business analyst and solution architect skills and project execution.
• Cloud applications experience is not required but preferred.
• Proven track record as a Project Manager with multiple implementation projects as well as support experience at medium to large size companies.
• Experience as a Business Analyst on multiple system implementations
• Must possess the ability to follow best practices regarding documentation and unit testing.
• Must be able to manage several projects, tickets, and other deliverables in a fast-paced environment and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
• Demonstrate leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
• Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, as well as effectively identify, analyze and resolve highly complex business process and technical issues.
• Must be customer focused, demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees.
• Must be a team player with demonstrated professional/social interpersonal relationship management skills.
• Must be able to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Must be able to work extended hours and travel between Company facilities as required.
• Must have leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
• Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of highly complex and diverse problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Experience working in a Government contracting environment.
• Knowledge of general business processes in “human resources”, “facilities”, or “admin” areas is preferred.
Accredited Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and nine or more years progressively complex experience in Information management/project leadership. Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.