- 187748 - Doc Control Administrator
- CA-Bay Area
- Menlo Park
- $23 to $32.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Doc Control Administrator for an opening in Menlo Park, CA.
Responsible for performing moderately complex administrative and clerical duties in Document Control within the Engineering Department
1. Conduct a full inventory of vellum drawings currently released in Document Control
2. Prepare, process and status the transfer of vellum drawings to electronic format
3. Store data and documents in electronic format in Document Control SharePoint site
4. Monitor the status of in-process documents and maintain a public log
5. Perform back-up duties for the release of engineering documents, as required.
6. Prepare the following documents (using MS Word or Excel):
a. Proposals, including Matrices
b. Engineering Reports
c. MS PowerPoint Presentations
d. Correspondence, including sending out company literature as requested
e. Engineering ECRs and ECOs,
f. Specification Control Drawings
g. Editing and proof-reading of documents, as required
Minimum of three years of related experience, and procedural skills and/or the use of specialized equipment in¬volving reading of difficult instructions, maintenance of written records or the utilization of intermediate math skills. General office experience, typing, word processing, filing, data entry, good com¬munication skills and ability to work with numbers as required by job. Experience using Adobe Acrobat to create and publish documents is required. Must have good software skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Elementary understanding and knowledge of Intralink (or other data management system) is desirable.
1. Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
2. Ability to type for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
5. Able to occasionally push, and reach.
6. Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within Randtron, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
7. May be required to move items 25 pounds for distances of up to 25 feet.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift 7-4:30
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.