- 187930 - Assembler S1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $19.03 DOE
- 14 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler S1 for an opening in Sylmar, CA.
Performs electronic and mechanical assembly and rework including conformal coat touch-up. Assembles production units, disassembles and reassembles customer returned units. Works from written and verbal instructions, Engineering drawings, blueprints, wire-lists, or detailed specifications.
• Performs sandblasting, staking, bonding, masking, demasking, conformal coat mixing and touch-up.
• Performs basic knot tying, cord pulling, end terminations, hand sewing/foaming and booting, and oil filling towed array modules.
• Operates the eight-spool sewing machine.
• Verifies the workmanship of work performed on previous operations to J-Standard-001 or PIC-ANSI-610.
• Spot tying.
• Encapsulates and impregnates electronic and mechanical devices, including first article samples.
• Mold preparation/maintenance and the use of air evacuation devices.
• Mixes chemicals and other commercial materials to specific requirements.
• Builds electromechanical sub-assemblies.
• Verifies electromechanical test data list.
• Familiar with electronic and mechanical assembly
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
• Must hold Assembler S-1 Solder Certification and perform at Assembler S-1 level.
• Able to understand written and verbal communication.
• 2+ years assembly experience preferred.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, AA/BS degree in Electronics preferred.
9/80, 3pm -12:30am 2nd shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.