- 187991 - Supplier Quality Engineer
- CA-Ventura County
- $40 to $60.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for an opening in Goleta, CA.
Using a developed knowledge of a supplier's implemented process control and inspection planning
effectiveness, this Engineer will aggressively work to reduce the non-value added expense associated
with MariPro receiving inspection and purchased material along with program support. This Engineer will be expected to work with our suppliers to improve OTD and ZDP performance and facilitate production cost and lead time reduction.
• Understand the factors which, both positively and negatively, affect our supplier’s ability to deliver compliant parts, on time.
• Establish a comprehensive understanding of the capabilities and capacities of their assigned suppliers, as a basis for improvement project recommendations.
• Ensure the most advantageous utilization of our current qualified supplier base in support of the MariPro’s goals and objectives.
• Work with MariPro’s Purchasing Organization to identify capable and interested second sources, ready to provide a competitive option.
• Champion inter and intra-company cross-functional Engineering activities throughout the entire product lifecycle, including:
• Information flow (RFQs, production progress updates, risk and mitigation activity, shipping/receiving process)
• Quality (QE, contractual requirements flow down, process control monitoring, incoming inspection planning)
• Manufacturing (Manufacturing Readiness Reviews, production floor assembly method considerations, material handling, fixturing, testing plans)
• Design Engineering (prototype to production translation, material selection, tolerancing, target dimension considerations, manufacturability and reliability).
• Serve as an advocate to suppliers when at MariPro and represent MariPro business interests when working with these suppliers.
• Establish effective internal systems and processes to track supplier performance metrics.
• Monitor supplier performance and facilitate improvement projects using MariPro KPI’s as a basis for prioritization and maintain total internal and external customer awareness.
• Support the receipt and processing of purchased material.
• Support the annual QMS.
• The SQE will also be providing program support as needed.
• Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
• Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
• Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
• Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
• Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
• Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
• Conduct other duties as assigned
• 5+ years supplier quality engineering knowledge or experience required
• Continuous improvement focus. Ability to investigate issues, problem solve, and prevent future problems from occurring
• Working knowledge of IS0 9001 and AS9100 principles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the need of the customer
• Able to work independently, prioritizing work to meet objectives and expectations accurately and efficiently
• Works well with all levels inside and outside of the organization: management, peers, and suppliers. Able to work collaboratively
• Ability to represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Material Requirement Planning (MRP) experience desired, preferably with Deltek Costpoint
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Sense of urgency
• Frequent travel to suppliers may be needed
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management or other related field preferred, equivalent experience considered
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.