- 188037 - Senior Systems Engineer
- Up to $76.41 DOE
- 6 months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for an opportunity in Rosslyn, VA.
We are seeking a senior engineer for an Enterprise Active Directory domain which includes architecting, managing and day to day maintenance of a Microsoft Windows server infrastructure, Microsoft Enterprise applications and various third-party applications hosted in Azure.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance and monitoring of the agency's on premise and cloud server infrastructure
• Establish monitoring requirements for servers and applications as well as develop and deploy alerting strategies
• Coordinates all maintenance activities including testing and scheduling for maintenance weekends including ensuring that all change records have been approved prior to maintenance events.
• Assures implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs, implements established goals and objectives, assesses measures that evaluate performance, and makes recommendations for program improvement.
• Develops mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remediated, coordinates with IT security for review and acts on any directed changes.
• Responsible for upgrading and managing all domain services and works with various system owner to coordinate systems upgrades, system backups as well at hardware refreshes.
• Develops and submits change requests and tracks to completion for software upgrades and patches.
• Develops technical architecture documentation that details procedures for installation, maintenance, security, configuration, and disaster recovery.
• Responds to events and incidents with possible security architecture or negative user experience impacts; takes necessary corrective actions promptly
• Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
• Identifies and resolves unique issues, recommends innovative solutions to address new needs and/or issues and recommends enterprise upgrades, changes, or enhancements.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
• 10+ years of specialized IT experience in Microsoft Windows-focused administration to include Active Directory services and Azure services
• Extensive knowledge administering and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 operating systems.
• Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment. Able to architect and deploy Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
• Extensive experience with Azure Administration, building resource groups and managing IaaS deployments.
• Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and AD Connect
• Administration experience with Microsoft products such as: Data Protection Manager (DPM),
• Azure backup, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations
• Manager (SCOM) and Exchange or Exchange Online • Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools • Experience with Azure services: Azure administration portal, resource groups, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
• Experience with Microsoft Identity Management
• Perform proactive monitoring of system logs, services, scripts, and applications on servers’ systems, storage arrays for internal and customer-facing applications
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and a consistent record of on-time delivery and customer service to include project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, effective time management, documentation, and organization skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely
• Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc
Bachelor's degree is required in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
School must be accredited.
Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc.
This is an on-site position with no telecommute.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.