- 188039 - Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer 5
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer 5 for an opening in El Segundo, CA.
Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design. Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation. Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them. Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services. Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product. Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements. Recommends and manages technology insertion. Works under consultative direction. Position Responsibilities:
• Design and development of state-of-the art electronics for space-based applications
• Duties will include circuit design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, testing, performance and design verification – with emphasis on Power Supply and Analog Circuit Design.
• Technical support for production and test of space-qualified electronics
• Power conditioning electronics, control system design and theory
• Work supporting satellite communications systems
• Electrical Engineering degree
• Experience with analog power electronics
• 7 or more years of experience with power supply circuitry
• 7 or more years of experience designing with Power Electronics and Analog Circuits
• 7 or more years of experience in the development of test system requirements and verification methodologies
• 7 or more years of experience mentoring entry level engineers
• Experience with circuit design for Space Applications
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.