- 188040 - Production Planner
- NJ-New Jersey
- $28.63 to $33.28 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Planner for an opening in Plainsboro, NJ.
The Production Planner will be responsible for determining production schedules which meet company service objectives, while optimizing inventory and manufacturing efficiencies. Additionally, the Production Planner will play a key role in responding to and resolving issues (manufacturing/capacity/raw material) as they arise in order to meet customer requirements.
This position requires a candidate who thrives within a team environment and has excellent communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be a dynamic individual who has a passion for creating production plans which meet the needs of our clients.
• Participating in all site safety programs to drive a more positive and inclusive safety culture
• Release and monitor production process orders to resolve issues and maintain a high level of punctuality to our customers.
• Contribute to developing and maintaining a daily production plan consistent with plant capacity and resources by utilizing the best fit criteria for efficiency and cost savings to meet customer demand.
• Work closely with the material planning team to provide the most efficient production schedule, considering impact on operating assets and inventory levels.
• Properly apply planning parameters and suggest changes to parameters as required.
• Understand impact on inventory and manage all factors such as product seasonality, discontinuation and management of inventoried finished goods
• Help define and implement KPIs to monitor performance and highlight issues on an ongoing basis to improve the efficiency of the team.
• Perform and respond timely to any blocked or non-released Process Orders
• Determine root cause and preventive actions for any missed orders related to planning
• Continually drive to a more competitive position through continuous improvement of processes and systems
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience related experience
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
• Skilled at working in a fast paced environment open to constant change in demands
• Self-directed individual with a Can-Do attitude and the ability to work within a team
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent system and analytical skills (EXCEL required)
• Ability to analyze and influence with data
• Experience working with an MRP system, SAP a plus
• Experience with Supply Chain Planning techniques and Inventory management
• Business Objects/Business Warehouse experience a plus
• APICS Certification a plus
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or related field
1st Shift, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.