- 188055 - Senior Power Electronics Test Technician
- $35 to $40.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Power Electronics Test Technician for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
• Assist in the build, test and trouble-shoot of power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.
• Assist in both design evaluations and qualification testing of power electronic systems.
• Assist in test and evaluation of design efforts pertaining to power magnetics
• Troubleshoot existing designs to assist in the creation of design improvements for efficiency and surge capabilities.
• Perform analyses of test data and format data for engineering assessment
• Verify designs through empirical testing utilizing the latest laboratory tools and equipment.
• Thoroughly and clearly document and explain test plans and results to peer reviewers and engineering team members.
• Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests
• Participate in test readiness and data evaluation reviews
• Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices
• Knowledge of power electronic system/sub system architectures and basic functionality
• Working knowledge of DC and 3-phase power systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• The ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
• Medium voltage (up to 20kV) experience a plus
• Familiarity with Military Power Quality Specifications a plus
Accredited Associates degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in set up, trouble-shoot and test of DC and 3-phase AC Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.