- 188104 - Satellite Mechanisms Technician
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 13 Satellite Mechanisms Technicians located in El Segundo, CA.
Works from preliminary and released design drawings, procedures, test specifications, manufacturing, planning, oral and written instructions. Knowledge of electrical principles is required.
• Assists in the fabrication and performance of inspections, manufacturing tests, diagnosis of malfunctions, and preparation of mechanisms for engineering tests. Performs a limited number of tests without direction.
• Operates shop equipment such as mechanical and electronic gauges, sine plates, concentricity instruments, tool makers, microscopes and precision weighing equipment. Sets up and operates precision cleaning equipment.
• Performs most of the bonding operations, thermal processes, precision measurements, in-process tests and data reduction made in the shop.
• Performs work assignments in a clean room environment.
• Performs rework of the same nature and level of difficulty as described.
• Meets necessary certifications as required.
• Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
1 year or less experience doing mechanical or electromechanical work on:
Cars, automotive repair, engines
Remote control cars, planes, drones, gimbals
Military vehicles, aircraft, engines, drones, gimbals, wire harness installation and repair, connector assembly
HVAC installation, wiring, maintenance and repair
Machining, industrial equipment such as air compressors, vacuum pumps, and hydraulic presses
Knowledgeable in using precision measuring devices (i.e. height gages, micrometers, depth gages, and calipers).
* Vision Requirements: Color Vision, Level 2; Visual Acuity, Near 20/20 and Visual Acuity, Far, 20/30
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.