- 188338 - Software Engineer 3
- Up to $58.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for an opening in Herndon, VA.
• Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
• Full software life cycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
• Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
• Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
• Software modeling and simulation
• Front end graphical user interface design
• Software testing and quality assurance
• Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
• Support, maintain and document software functionality
• Integrate software with new and existing systems
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
• Maintain standards compliance
• Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities
• As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems
• Five+ years of prior software development work experience with C/C++ , preferably with automation and control systems
• Customer site field experience.
• Works well individually or in a group setting.
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
• Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box"
• Excellent writing skills.
• Familiarity with the following software: C/C++, Ant, Python, Subversion, Confluence, JIRA.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.