- 188563 - Software Engineer 4
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a for a Software Engineer opportunity in Hazelwood, MO.
Our Vehicle Health Management Integration Systems team, part of Government Vehicle Health Management Systems, is looking for a Software Engineer. The engineer will be part of an agile team supporting the development of vehicle maintenance debrief solutions. You will work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, development team, Program Managers, and other internal and external stakeholders to meet customer requirements, while playing a key role in the DevOps transformation of the team. You'll have direct input into product decisions, and help ensure best course of action.
• Work in agile team environment to develop, test and deploy software in Microsoft Technology Stack with .Net Core, C#
• Develop using containerized software with Dockers, Micro-services
• Design and write clean, scalable code and develop highly scalable APIs and services
• Perform code reviews and provide feedback on code quality and best practices
• Develop documentation and design materials
• Take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices
• Embrace our culture, with an emphasis on contributing ideas, thoughts, and constructive feedback
• Coach and mentor junior engineers and take responsibility for meeting commitments
• Use responsive web design to provide an optimal experience across all devices
• Create rich, interactive user-experiences with modern technologies with a focus on performance, scalability, security and maintainability
• Bachelor's degree: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
• Expert knowledge in Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns (CQRS)
• Expertise in distributed computing architectures using service bus, and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.)
• Strong Development experience in .Net Core 2.x and higher or ASP.NET MVC, Web Api & Microservices
• Working knowledge of containerization(Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment
• Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in systems development in a variety of computing architectures and environments
• Thorough understanding of software development life cycles, development and technology tools, testing methodologies, and requirements gathering
• DevOps experience building CI/CD pipelines a plus
• Knowledge with hardware and network setup is a plus
• Knowledge of cloud deployment
• Solid computer science fundamentals
• Understanding of microservice architecture and ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice
• Knowledge of professional software engineering principles & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Experience with Test Driven Development, and writing testable code
• Knowledge of Git
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers
• Great Communication (Oral/Written)
Accredited Bachelor's degree: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
TRAVEL: Yes - 20%
WORK HOURS: 7:00AM-3:30PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.