- 188823 - Mechanical Designer
- New Brighton
- $26 to $28.00 DOE
- 5 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Designer for an opening in New Brighton, MN.
Under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Designer I is
responsible for supporting and creating low level complexity mechanical designs and
performance calculations related to the testing of various jet engines and their ability to
withstand specified loading conditions, including material selection and specification, sheet
metal, weldments, and machining and strength characteristics. The Mechanical Engineer will
work with the support and guidance of other Mechanical Engineers to complete assigned tasks
in compliance with the quality and standards of Client.
Assist with analyzing and designing detailed mechanical designs which comply with industry
standards and Client standards.
• Assist with performing calculations related to product, form, fit, structural requirements and
function supporting project requirements.
• Ensure that product designs are produced in accordance with Client
Engineering Design process and Quality Management System.
• Ensure cost effective mechanical designs in compliance with specified technical and
• Design with awareness of manufacturing ease, material availability, likely deviation
requests, shipping constraints, ease of installation and product maintenance and usability in
addition to the amount of engineering effort required to complete the task.
• Provide ongoing feedback to management on deliverables completing assigned tasks with
supervision and guidance.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and
implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• 2+ years of mechanical design experience required.
• Regulatory experience with CE and ATEX preferred.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Engine
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as
• Demonstrated knowledge of CAD and CAE; 3D Solid Modeling (Siemens NX preferred),
AutoCAD familiarity, and FEA.
• Strong analytical skills with emphasis on structural design, FMEA, and Risk analysis.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information
accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve quality
and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the firm.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
Accredited Associates degree in technical or engineering related discipline required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.