- 188852 - Instructional System Designer
- San Antonio
- 12 Month
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Employee Development Specialist 4 for an opening in San Antonio, TX.
Leadership, Learning and Organizational Capabilities (LLOC); Manufacturing Quality and Safety (MQS) is looking for an experienced technical instructor (Employee Development Specialist) with experience in instructional systems design to support multiple/ varying programs (including: C17, FA18, E4B, VC-25A, VC-25B, AWACS, etc.), production, quality and associated delivery center at San Antonio and support other sites.
- Deliver technical training in formal classroom environment, in lab environments and ship-side
Administer written and practical (skills) assessments in accordance with curriculum design and process requirements.
- Record and maintain training records into authorized repository.
- Provide technical (aircraft heavy structural and mechanical) training and coaching to individuals requiring enhanced skills training.
- Assist engineering, quality and manufacturing with assembly process training improvements.
- Demonstrate proper mechanical applications (e.g. torqueing, safety wiring, tubing and rigging installations, assembly and test)
- Demonstrate proper flight line/ramp operations (e.g. egress, ejection seat, fuel/defuel, jack/de-jack, towing, etc.).
- Demonstrate proper sheet metal applications (e.g. drill and fill)
- Demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and describe Engineering drawing, blueprints and specifications.
- Provide on the floor coaching to the manufacturing team.
- Plan and implement learning solutions as applicable.
Identify potential issues that impact performance.
- Conducts assessments of processes (structural, electrical, mechanical, etc.) and practices for comparison to applicable standards and governing criteria.
- Provides feedback on assessment results and identifies opportunities for improvement and potential areas of risk.
- Analyzes and interprets defect data.
- Develops training recommendations for the reduction of operator-caused defects.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of customer's operating environment and key business measures and objectives.
- Partner with LLOC teams to develop and/or update training curriculum.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
Ability to travel 25% of the time
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: Shift is variable to support the site on all 3 shifts but the primary responsibilities will be on first shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.