- 188877 - Test Technician C
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $26 to $28.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Technician C for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Under limited supervision conducts evaluation, diagnostic, integration and final acceptance testing of airborne, commercial, surface ship and sub surface vessel electronic equipment using established procedures. Troubleshoots problems to component level. Utilizes general testing equipment, which includes but is not limited to, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, AC/DC clamp on ammeters, HiPot testers, LCR meters, Automated Test Equipment, and custom made test fixtures and test consoles. In the absence of established procedures, confers with Lead Test Technician, Supervisor Engineering Test – Mfg., or Sustaining Engineer. Properly documents all test findings as required and directed by departmental procedures.
1. Tests and troubleshoots complex Printed Wiring Assemblies, Subassemblies, Modules and Systems using Functional Test Procedures, Individual Acceptance Test Procedures, Technical Repair Standard Procedures, Quality Test Instructions, Return Acceptance Test Procedures, and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
2. Performs Factory Acceptance Test of completed systems using Quality Test Instructions and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
3. Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports, FR/FF reports in TipQA, and Break-Out Shop Orders, as applicable.
4. Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software.
5. Identifies and initiates changes to test documents using a Quality Test Change Request form.
6. Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports.
7. As required, supports Engineering for First Article testing and Qualification testing.
8. As directed by management, tests and troubleshoots test equipment and custom made Test Fixtures and Test Sets using available documentation.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
1. Must be able to read, understand and accurately follow Engineering Orders, Quality procedures, Test procedures, and operating instructions.
2. Must have a good working knowledge of basic analog and digital components and circuitry.
3. Must be able to correctly analyze and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
4. Must be able to correctly document specific details of each test failure encountered, as well as document and update daily status of each assigned repair.
5. Must be adept at utilization and operation of general electronic test equipment.
6. Must be able to work well with interdepartmental personnel.
7. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within defined time limitations.
8. Must have a working knowledge of computers.
9. A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to perform simple algebraic computations of current, voltage, power, reactance, impedance, and frequency.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to recognize and report any unsafe working conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate though at time may require the use of hearing protection.
The employee will be exposed to electrical power generating equipment, both static and rotating as well as motor driven and diesel engine/turbine engine driven generators.
Accredited Associate's degree (A. A.) desired from two-year college or technical school or military service experience. Must have 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
9/80, 2nd Shift (2:30PM-12AM)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.