- 188988 - Engineer Structural 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Engineer Structural 3 for an opportunity in Goleta, CA.
• Experience with FEA analysis, preferably ANSYS or NASTRAN, for structural analysis of designs.
• Perform static and dynamic structural analyses, review requirements for materials, structure systems & subsystems.
• Document test plans and procedure requirements.
• Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience for metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
• Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews.
• Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Astronautical, or Aerospace)
• 6 years of applicable experience in finite element analysis and closed-form analysis with some understanding of mechanical system design
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments in a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with structures and mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
• Master's Degree in applicable area.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project experience.
• Candidate has detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, release and drive actuators, and material selection.
• Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes such as machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
• 4 or more years of direct Mechanical Engineering experience, preferably in the spacecraft or aerospace industry, with significant project ownership.
• Must be self-motivated with excellent technical communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in an integrated team and adapt to change and dynamic requirements.
• Strong communication and analytical skills and discipline with the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• Experience with thermal engineering concepts, thermal analysis techniques, and experience utilizing software such as Thermal Desktop.
• Experience with mechanical computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably design and analysis experience with PTC Creo Parametric 2/3.
• Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…).
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.