- 189025 - Electromechanical Engineer
- $38 to $48.00 DOE
- 5 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electromechanical Engineer for an opening in Sarasota, FL.
Electromechanical Engineers are in charge of electric component design conducting a combination of electrical and mechanical engineering. Electromechanical Engineers carry the principles of electrical and mechanical engineering to the role.
The electric components designed in our distribution business line consists of circuit breakers, contactors, switches and auxiliary contacts for a range of current from 0.1 Amp to 600 Amp and for a range of voltage from 5V to 1200 V. While our components are designed for aerospace industry they are used in a wide range of applications such as, but not limited to, military vehicles, oil and gas mining, heavy duty construction equipment, farm equipment and both military and commercial aerospace applications.
• The primary responsibilities of an Electromechanical engineer include designing, developing and maintaining electric components by focusing on safety, cost, reliability, sustainability and quality.
• Implicated in a project from the conceptual idea and detail of the design to testing, qualification and industrialization for full rate production.
• Conduct specifications and requirements based design activities.
• Produce analysis and justification in order to develop and justify conformity of design to requirements. These analysis include:
o Mechanical stress analysis
o Heat dissipation and heat transfer analysis
o Modeling of parts deformation due to thermal effect
o Voltage drop analysis
o Modeling of latch/unlatch mechanism
o Modeling of opening/closing time and dynamic of motion
o Magnetic field modeling
o Mechanical stack-up analysis
o Material selection
o Selection of coating and plating for metallic parts
o Wear allowance analysis
o Modeling of friction and tribology between parts
• Produce experimental technology validation plan
• Produce component verification plan
• Produce component endurance test plan
• Research appropriate solutions with purchasing and industrialization team to fit with target costs and time scale.
• The Electromechanical Engineer prime activity is to conduct analysis, calculation and design activities to develop electric components
• Work in an integrated program team with representative of quality, supply chain, industrialization, production, sales & marketing, program and other engineering representative (draftsman, experts, electronic engineer) to develop or enhance products within a predefine timeline, cost targets and technical requirements
• Team up with other engineers and technical experts to ensure conformity of product against all requirements and to identify technical risk and mitigation plan early in the development phase
• Work with the test group to define test plans, follow execution of tests and analyze test results
• Coordinate with the engineering team from other Client sites (in the US and abroad) to conduct concurrent engineering and dispatch work to centers of excellence
• Interface with customers to discuss technical specification, justify design and potential deviation, review qualification results and analyze customer change request.
• Interface with configuration control team to ensure proper records of drawings, specifications and justification notes
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
• 5 years of experience in a design office or research center designing electric component
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field from an accredited institution
4/10, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.