- 189029 - Software Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Northampton, MA.
• Developing and sustaining of Client Periscope and Optronic Software Systems.
• Designing and implementing embedded applications/Solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies.
• Implementing code, and building applications
• Designing, developing, optimizing, debugging, and maintaining Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
• Performing language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
• Integrating with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied API's
• Designing, developing, and maintaining algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
• Designing, developing, and maintaining databases and associated tools for storage/retrieval of measurements and process control data.
• Maintaining software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
• Supporting embedded system development activities when required.
• Supporting investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
• Working to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
• Strong knowledge of software engineering discipline.
• Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
• Experience with the following;
o Zync and Vivado SKD, QT, and TFS, TIVA
o Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
o GPU programming
o OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant API;s for graphical display
o Numerical Analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods.
• Able to work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.
• Excellent communication both verbal and written
• Able to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures
• Identify and addresses changes with own job area
• Recommend enhancements to systems and processes.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.