- 189109 - Software Engineer - Networking and Infrastructure (NI)
- Up to $60.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer - Networking and Infrastructure (NI) for an opening in Arlington, TX.
This is a hands on technical software engineering position on the Networking and Infrastructure (NI) team. The successful candidate will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and system software for real-time simulation applications.
• Applying knowledge of software architecture to design and develop requirements for large scale future simulation applications
• Designing, developing and integrating software architectures using COTs toolsets
• Defining and creating new simulation models using established techniques
• Designing, developing, coding, integrating and testing simulation software to meet requirements
• Designing computer architecture, simulator networks, software interfaces, and software infrastructure
• Understanding, and supporting Software compilation using a variety of tools
• Being responsible for operating systems installation and configuration
• Troubleshooting issues with computational equipment configuration and interfaces
• Configuring and troubleshooting networks of deliverable equipment
• Being responsible for requirements, design, development, integration, testing and verification of simulation interfaces
• Knowledgeable in Algorithm performance and design. Able to apply knowledge to improve existing runtime of software algorithms.
• Knowledgeable in Software Compilation, including setup and usage of various compilers, utilities and IDEs, e.g. Visual Studio, GCC, CMake.
• Knowledgeable in various source code control methods (Git, SVN, ClearCase, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in Linux operating systems installation and configuration, and general system-level configuration
• Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Previous simulation system experience required; training system simulation experience preferred
• DDS Experience required
• 5-10 plus years C++, C post degree required
• 5-10 plus years Linux development environment required
• Prefer 5-10 plus years of direct software development experience post degree
• Experience with Diskless Cloud infrastructure, with SAN and NAS systems
• Virtual environment experience (VMware, HyperVisor, etc.) desired
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
• Microsoft Visual Studio, and/or gcc experience required.
• HLA/DIS experience a plus
Accredited Master's Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline or, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.